For each question, click on the radio button beside your answer. You will be notified immediately whether your choice is correct or not.
Double-clicking may work better in some browsers.
1. You sometimes need to use the DOS command line when _____.
it's faster than finding the right icon
the graphical interface is broken
both of the answers above
never. You can do everything from within the graphical interface.
2. Two different files can have the same name if _____
they are in different folders
they are on different drives
if the names are capitalized differently
3. The safest choice for a password is _____.
your mother's maiden name
a variation of your Social Security number
a relative's birthday
a random string of numbers, letters, and characters
4. When you have a question about your software or hardware, you should first _____.
call the Technical Support telephone number
send email to the manufacturer or publisher for a fast response
ask a friend
5. The maximum length for a file's name under DOS is _____
8 characters total
unlimited now that we can have long file names
8 characters in the filename and 3 in the extension
6. You want to print a document on a network printer and the printer is busy printing another job. You would _____.
wait for the current job to finish and then send your document to the printer.
send the job but you will not be able to work on anything else until the printer starts on your document.
send your job to the printer which will put it in the print queue to wait its turn. You can continue working on other tasks.
7. Which file name would not be allowed?
8. Files are named 1-02-2010 notes.txt, 01-02-2011 budget.xls, and notes 2-02-2009.doc. Which file comes first in alphabetical order in a Windows Explorer window?
9. Before printing, you can change the page margins using the _____ dialog box
10. If your document MyReport.doc is saved in folder MyDocs which is on drive E on your PC, the path to the document is _____.
Teachers: Request permission to use this site with your class
a local copy with no ads? - Download or Disc
Want to help?
~~ 1 Cor. 10:31 ...whatever you do, do it all for the
glory of God. ~~
Last updated: August 16, 2014