For each question, click on the radio button for your answer. You will be notified immediately whether your choice is correct or not. Double clicking may work better in some browsers.
Choose the BEST answer.
1. The default currency and the units used in measurement are set in _____.
a. Control Panel: Regional and Language Options (WinXP, Vista) or Region and Language (Win7)
b. Page Setup
c. File > Options (WinXP), File > Excel Options (Vista, Win7)
d. File > User Settings
2. To arrange rows in alphabetical order based on column A, you need
to select your rows and then select _____.
a. Sort A-Z on the Formula tab
b. Sort A-Z on the Data tab
c. Sort & Filter dialog > select Column A
d. none of the above
3. To edit existing data in a cell without having to retype it all, you
a. double-click the cell
b. click the Edit button on the Formula bar
c. hold SHIFT down while clicking the cell
d. none of the above - you must retype.
4. If you select a cell with a date in it and drag the fill handle down
across several cells, what happens is that _____.
date is copied to each cell
date is increased by 1 day into each cell
the date is increased by 1 week into each cell
d. nothing as AutoFill applies only to
5. To print just part of a sheet, you would select what you want to print and
from Print Preview _____
a. click the Print button
b. press the PRINT SCREEN key
c. select Print selection in the Page Setup dialog on the Sheet tab and then print
d. select Print selection in the Print dialog (Excel 2007) or
in the Print pane (Excel 2010)and then print
To remove the contents of several cells at once, you can _____.
a. select the cells and press DELETE.
b. select the cells and right click and choose Clear Contents
c. select the cells and drag the fill handle back up over them
of the above
7. The formula that will add the value of cell D4 to the value of C2 and then
multiply by the value in B2 is _____.
8. The default orientation for the printed page is _____.
c. whatever was last used
9. Cell A4 =2 and A5 = 4. You select both cells and drag the fill handle down
to A8. The contents of cells A6, A7, and A8 are _____.
a. 8, 16, 32
b. 2, 4, 2
c. 2, 2, 2
d. 6, 8 ,10
10. If a cell shows ####### , it means that
a. your formula has a syntax error
b. the row is too short to show the number at the current font size
c. the column is too narrow to show all the digits of the number
d. either b or c
Teachers: Request permission to use this site with your class
a local copy with no ads? - Download/CD
Want to help?
~~ 1 Cor. 10:31 ...whatever you do, do it all for the
glory of God. ~~
Last updated: January 1, 2013