You need to use what you just learned, and maybe learn a little more. Complete all parts of the following exercises. Don't forget to backup your Class disk when you have
completed the exercises or whenever you stop for the day and saved a document
along the way.
Where you are:
Project 1: Excel Intro
Select & Navigate
Ex. 1: AutoCalculate
Ex. 2: AutoSum,
Ex. 3: Chart
Project 2: Excel Basics
Project 3: Format & Arrange
4: Groups & Formulas
Project 5: Design
Exercise Excel 1-1: Select and AutoCalculate
What you will do:
|show that you can select cells, rows, columns, ranges|
use AutoCalculate to add up selected cells
from resource files
Show you have mastered selecting and
navigating in Excel by using the method of your choice to select the
cell(s) listed below. Write down the value that AutoCalculate gives on the
- From your resource files, open the file budget.xls in the numbers
- Set AutoCalculate: Right click on the status bar. Click on so that it will be the function that AutoCalculate will use.
Problem: AutoCalculate area does
You used the link above and budget.xls opened in
an Internet Explorer window instead of in a normal Excel window.
Solution: Save the file to your hard drive and open from inside Excel.
- Select the named cell(s) below and on a separate sheet of paper write the
value that AutoCalculate shows.
- On sheet Budget - range B7:D13 = _____
- On sheet Budget - cells B25:B27, B30, B33,
B37, B39 = _____
- On sheet Actual - Row 15 = _____
- On sheet Actual - Rows 36 through 38 = _____
- On sheet Actual - Column F = _____
- On sheet Actual - Columns D, K, and L = _____
- On sheet Actual - ranges B15:D24 and I15:K24
- Named cell: TotalGrossSales = _____
- Named range: AugustInflows = _____
- Named range: Print_Area = _____
Check your answers